This position is responsible for ensuring the coordination, conduct, recording and compliance of meetings of the Board and its Committees and the Executive Management Team (EMT). This position assists the Managing Director in implementation of all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that the corporation complies with the Memorandum, Articles of Association and its statutory obligations and ensures compliance/implementation of all decisions of the Board and committees. This position is also responsible for recoding of proceedings and issuance of minutes of all committee meetings within stipulated time. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for risk management of the Corporation.
Key responsibilities of the incumbent will include, but not limited to, the following:
1. Supervise agenda setting for formal committee meetings in coordination with departments so as to cover pending items from previous meetings and add new items for review / discussion as per departmental requests.
2. Ensure smooth conduct and recording the minutes of meetings of the Board, Board Committees, and EMT as per schedule.
3. Support Managing Director and members through provision of secretarial services to respective committees, provision of information/documents as required for meetings along with ensuring provision of protocol services, arrangement of travel and accommodation, meeting logistics, meeting fee note and necessary coordination as may be needed for attending the meetings.
4. Ensure proceedings of the meetings are recorded accurately on paper and on audio and that minutes prepared are reflective of the actual proceedings of the meetings. Upon preparation of final drafts minutes, ensure that the context / discussion / arguments presented by committee members are captured adequately and all decision / action points are noted while maintaining the level of confidentiality required when dealing with sensitive matters.
5. During Board and committee meeting proceedings and otherwise, such as in relation to organizational governance and compliance, ensure that all relevant laws, rules, regulations, and SROs of SECP as applicable to Corporation are abided by and highlight and work to redress any deviances in this regard.
6. Support Managing Director in improving the corporate governance and performance of the Board and related committees by contributing to the development of associated terms of reference, policies and regulations in light of international best practices.
7. Prepare, review, and share extracts of minutes for individual departments highlighting specific actions and resolve any queries that departments may have in this regard.
8. Prepare the annual business plan, budget, and budget variance report for the department in coordination with Finance & Accounts Department.
9. Provide considered opinions based on precedence, prevailing law, international practices on governance issues as and when required.
10. Identify, assess, incorporate risks and their existing controls in place which are associated with the processes of each department and the Corporation in entirety.
11. Design and plays an active role in implementation of risk management process for the organization.
12. Perform risk assessment by analyzing current risks and identifying potential risks that are affecting the company.
13. Update risk register of the Corporation while ensuring compliance of mitigation plans as per their defined timelines.
14. Review compliance reports/data received from departments regarding implementation of decisions and ensure their veracity to the extent possible before presenting to committee while continuing to interact with departmental stakeholders for fulling compliance in letter and spirit.
15. Evaluating the corporation’s previous handling of risks, and comparing potential risks with criteria set out by the corporation such as costs and legal requirements.
16. Undertake any other related task assigned by Managing Director, Board, and Board Committees which may include specific query, research, analysis, view on a specific subject or a specific task such as digitization of records for quick retrieval and usage.
Master’s degree in Business/Finance/Legal from reputed university recognized by HEC; or Member of a recognized body of a professional accountant. Preference will be given to a member of a recognized body of corporate or chartered secretaries.
In case the degree is obtained from a foreign university, the short-listed candidates shall be required to submit the equivalence certificate from Higher Education Commission (HEC) at the time of interview.
Maximum 50 years as on the last date of submission of application to PSPC.
At least 12 years of relevant experience with at least 5 years of experience as a Company Secretary in any reputable industry.