The incumbent is responsible to ensure and maintain quality in production processes, raw materials, final products, forensic analysis of Bank Notes, paper and documents minimizing wastages, and increasing production efficiency. Ensure compliance of all applicable federal, provisional, laborer and local safety related regulations.
Key Responsibilities of the incumbent will include, but not limited to, the following:
1. Perform a leading role in identification, development, and implementation of quality standards as per national and international quality benchmarks.
2. Responsible for standard certification audits, execution, and documentation for quality procedures as per global standards such as QMS, EMS, FSSC, URSA, etc.
3. Act as the company’s expert on quality management and provide necessary training and advice to middle and lower management to meet the objectives of total quality management and continuous improvement.
4. Supervise and monitor testing of paper, ink, and material as per defined specifications, and check genuineness of the equipments and security products.
5. Oversee the investigation of suspected security documents and issue reports on instances of forgeries/counterfeit as well as sign off test reports of incoming paper and chemicals.
6. Ensure that the security products produced are according to the set standards of layouts, color scheme, numbering and overall specifications of the product.
7. Ensure the procurement of raw materials is in accordance with stipulated standards/BOQs so as to lay down strong base for production of highest quality secured and non-secured products.
8. Analyze trends in wastage and rejection percentages across departments and provide recommendation to minimize wastage.
9. Develop quality targets and measures for all company operations and monitor the performance of the company against these.
10. Undertake all necessary research to keep abreast of developments in the fields of total quality management and continuous improvement to ensure that the corporation maintains its competitive position.
Education: Bachelors/Masters (Preferable) in Chemistry/ Chemical / Mechanical / Industrial Engineering from reputed university recognized by HEC with a valid Pakistan Engineering Council registration. In case the degree is obtained from a foreign university, the short-listed candidates shall be required to submit the equivalence certificate from Higher Education Commission (HEC) at the time of interview.
Age: Maximum 50 years as on the last date of submission of application to PSPC.
Experience: At least 15 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing concern with at least 8 years of experience in a senior management position in any reputable industry of similar nature. Sound knowledge of quality parameters in print production, finishing processes of both digitally and conventionally printed products, and latest quality related techniques and technologies.