Pakistan Security Printing Corporation (Pvt.) Limited, (PSPC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of State Bank of Pakistan, registered under Companies Act, 2017. It is engaged in printing of Banknotes and Prize Bonds. The Corporation is looking for dynamic, high caliber, experienced professional to further strengthen its capacity to achieve its strategic goals and objectives.
PSPC invites applications from high potential talented Pakistani / AJK Nationals possessing requisite qualification and experience for the post of Company Secretary (on contract basis for 03 years), as per the following criteria:
Company Secretary (Equivalent to General Manager) on Contract basis:
The incumbent is responsible to establish the office of corporate secretary equipped with all requisite policies, corporate governance standards, SOP’s, guidelines etc. and implement policies and procedures. Moreover, the position is responsible for ensuring the coordination, conduct, recording and compliance of meetings of the Board and its Committees and the Executive Management Team (EMT). This position assists the Managing Director in implementation of all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that the Corporation complies with the Memorandum, Articles of Association and its statutory obligations and ensures compliance/implementation of all decisions of the Board and committees. This position is also responsible for recoding of proceedings and issuance of minutes of all committee meetings within stipulated time. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for risk management of the Corporation.
Key responsibilities of the incumbent will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Supervise agenda setting for formal committee meetings in coordination with departments so as to cover pending items from previous meetings and add new items for review / discussion as per departmental requests.
- Ensure proceedings of the meetings are recorded accurately on paper and on audio and that minutes prepared are reflective of the actual proceedings of the meetings. Upon preparation of final drafts minutes, ensure that the context / discussion / arguments presented by committee members are captured adequately and all decision / action points are noted while maintaining the level of confidentiality required when dealing with sensitive matters.
- During Board and committee meeting proceedings and otherwise, such as in relation to organizational governance and compliance, ensure that all relevant laws, rules, regulations, and SROs of SECP as applicable to Corporation are abided by and highlight and work to redress any deviances in this regard.
- Prepare, review, and share extracts of minutes for individual departments highlighting specific actions and resolve any queries that departments may have in this regard.
- Provide considered opinions based on precedence, prevailing law, international practices on governance issues as and when required.
- Identify, assess, incorporate risks and their existing controls in place which are associated with the processes of each department and the Corporation in entirety.
- Review compliance reports/data received from departments regarding implementation of decisions and ensure their veracity to the extent possible before presenting to committee while continuing to interact with departmental stakeholders for fulling compliance in letter and spirit.
- Evaluating the Corporation’s previous handling of risks, and comparing potential risks with criteria set out by the corporation such as costs and legal requirements.
- Undertake any other related task assigned by Managing Director, Board, and Board Committees which may include specific query, research, analysis, view on a specific subject or a specific task such as digitization of records for quick retrieval and usage.
Master’s / Bachelor’s degree (equivalent to 16 years of education) in Business/Finance/Legal from reputed university recognized by HEC; or Member of a recognized body of a professional accountant. Preference will be given to a member of a recognized body of corporate or chartered secretaries.
In case the degree is obtained from a foreign university, the shortlisted candidates shall be required to submit the equivalence certificate from Higher Education Commission (HEC) at the time of interview.
Maximum 50 years as on the last date of submission of application to PSPC.
At least 15 years of relevant post qualification experience as a Company Secretary in any reputable industry.
Terms of Appointment
- A competitive compensation package will be offered as per Corporation’s policy.
- The appointment will be made for 3 years on a contract basis.
- The appointment will be made subject to the Security Clearance of the successful candidate as per the policy.
Procedure for Appointment
- The Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
- Misinformation, using influence or forwarding recommendation will render applicant disqualified.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for further process.
- No TA/DA will be admissible.
- The applications along with detailed CV, copies of all educational credentials, CNIC, experience certificates, and a recent passport size photograph should be posted to “Director Human Resources, Pakistan Security Printing Corporation, Jinnah Avenue, Malir Halt, Karachi” or uploaded at our website latest by September 11, 2023.